Saturday 5 February 2011

Write to your MP

Here is a template letter that you can use to test your MP's commitment to the sale of Wendover Woods and other Forests

:

Dear [MP's name]

I am writing to you to express my grave concern about the proposals that the Government has to sell land currently managed by the Forestry Commission to the private sector. I am strongly opposed to this action and consider the proposal to offer very low commercial, financial or environmental benefits. Furthermore, I am very concerned that the rights that citizens have to enjoy these beautiful parts of our countryside will be rapidly eroded once the private sector seeks to achieve its expected return on the cost of its purchases.

Of particular concern to me is the inclusion of Wendover Woods in the list of areas that are proposed for sale. I'm sure that you are familiar with Wendover Woods and you will surely be be aware that these woods are popular all year round with families, walkers, riders and cyclists. I hope you share my concerns that the benefits of this wonderful countryside will be eroded if it is sold off.

In response to my letter I'd be grateful if you would answer these questions:

  1. Please will you confirm your position regarding this proposal by your colleague Caroline Spelman, the Secretary of State for the Department of Environment, Food and Rural Affairs to sell off these areas?

  1. Please will you explain your position regarding the proposal to sell Wendover Woods and other Forests identified as Multi-Purpose to the Private Sector?

Please use your position as a Member of Parliament to thoroughly oppose this proposal using the appropriate legislative and parliamentary mechanisms. I look forward to receiving your response and may be contacted as follows:

Post: [address]
e-mail: [e-mail address]

Yours sincerely,



[name]

No comments:

Post a Comment